Heavy Equipment Mechanic Journeyperson
We are continuing to grow.
The Robert Anstey Group for companies requires a Journey person Heavy Duty
Equipment Technician/Truck and Transport Mechanic to work at our company
service center in Mount Pearl. As a mechanic for Newco you will be responsible
for performing inspections, preventative maintenance, repairs, diagnostics,
supervising apprentices, tire changes, etc. All applicants welcome.
• Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
• Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles
• Performs maintenance related work as required
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety
• Other duties as required
• Valid Drivers license
• Strong work ethic
• First Aid Certificate considered an asset but not a
• Physical requirements of this position include the ability
to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and
occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment
weighing up to 25 pounds
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position
with or without reasonable accommodations
• Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
• Work hours may require overtime, weekends and/or
• Must be able to supply your own set of hand tools to
perform basic repairs
We are offering competitive wages with benefits.
Newco Metal & Auto Recycling Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and
encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your
interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Do not apply through facebook. Send resume by email or drop off.
Please contact Don Drew at [Email hidden]
50 Robin Hood Bay Rd, St John's, NL, Canada, A1A-5V3