SAVE $800 On A New 2017 Yamaha YZ450F Dirtbike
SALE: $8799.00 (plus freight/pdi, tax)
Finanace for as low as $105 Bi-weekly for 60 months O.A.C. (payments include
Contact Ken or Michael for more details
596-5957 or 596-5971
2017 Yamaha YZ450F Dirtbike
* Revolutionary reversed engine design with front mounted FI system & rear
* Mass centralizing rearward-slanted-cylinder helps keeps weight centred in
* Launch Control System
* "Battery-less" 44mm throttle body FI & easy access airbox
* Compact aluminum Bilateral Beam frame & aluminum swingarm
* Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® "SSS" fork & Monocross rear
* Large 270 mm front disc brake & twin piston caliper
* GYTR® Power Tuner ReadyENGINE
* Design goals for the YZ450F are a balance of easy cornering, a lightweight
& compact feeling due to excellent mass centralization and a deep power band
tuned for excellent "ride-ability & controllability".
* "Reversed" liquid-cooled, 450cc, DOHC, 4-valve (titanium), 4-stroke, single
with fuel injection.
* "Reversed" engine design (FI system is front mounted, exhaust exits from
rear of cylinder).
* FI throttle body & air box are front mounted, providing a straight intake
* straight intake path into the cylinder, provides optimum fuel/ air flow for
* front mounted intake keeps fuel cooler since engine heat has less effect on
incoming fuel (cooler fuel is more dense & increases power)
* design centralizes mass for light, agile handling
* Compact 4-valve cylinder head features a 12.5:1 compression ratio.
* 37 mm titanium intake valves & 30.5 mm titanium exhaust valves
* 4-valve design offers optimum flow for excellent power & torque
* compact combustion chamber design
* Lightweight, hollow intake & exhaust cams
* excellent power & controllability in the low to mid rpm range
* strong high rpm power
* Lightweight titanium valves use load-reduced oval valve springs.
* titanium reduces reciprocating weight & allows for a higher rpm limit (40%
lighter than steel valves)
* reduced friction (load reduced) valve springs
* Automatic cam chain tensioner.
* reduces maintenance & mechanical engine noise
* special cam chain "sliders" reduce internal frictional losses.
* Lightweight, ceramic composite plated aluminum cylinder.
* reduced weight... no sleeve or heavy liner... plating is sprayed directly
on the aluminum block
* ceramic coating insures faster, more uniform heat dissipation
* coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston,
reducing friction & increasing power
* Cylinder is "offset" relative to the crankshaft (to exhaust side)
* reduces frictional losses between piston & cylinder wall during the power
* Cylinder "cutaways" allow air "trapped" under the piston to enter a side
chamber (or cutaway).
* reduces horsepower-robbing "pumping losses"
* Crankcase also utilizes special "cutaways"
* reduces horsepower-robbing "pumping losses"
* crankcase cutaways match cylinder cutaways for maximum efficiency
* Lightweight, short-skirt, forged aluminum piston.
* lightweight design means faster throttle response
* reduced mechanical vibration for excellent durability
* special coating on piston skirt reduces friction
* 5-speed transmission utilizes a 2-bar, floating shift guide system & a 14
mm shift shaft.
* smooth, positive shifts
* good durability in the event of a crash (14 mm shift shaft)
* see spec page for gear ratios
* Heavy duty, multi-plate, clutch with quick access magnesium outer cover.
* quick access outer cover provides fast & easy clutch access
* light lever pull for reduced hand fatigue
* 44mm Keihin throttle body fuel injection system.
* 12-hole injector
* maximizes fuel atomization for more complete combustion & excellent power
* FI benefits include automatic adjustments to insure the optimum fuel - air
ratio regardless of outside air temperature & altitude
* other benefits include excellent starting & excellent throttle response
* cold start knob also doubles as an idle adjuster
* Optional, compact, hand held "GYTR Power Tuner" allows tailoring of both
fuel injection duration & ignition mapping.
* 9- different setting points can be accessed for both fuel duration &
* maps can be stored & shared with other Power Tuners if desired
* easy access GYTR Power Tuner connector port
* Revised forward mounted air box with washable, dual stage foam air filter.
* No tools required to access air filter
* new air box cover & new quick release fastners
* washable design reduces maintenance costs
* Wet sump lubrication system.
* reduces weight (no remote oil tank or oil lines)
* eases maintenance (easier & faster oil changes)
* oil volume is optimized to reduce oil related drag & weight
* Lightweight, wrap-around exhaust system.
* exhaust exits from the rear of the cylinder & circles cylinder body
* design ensures the optimum tuned header length
* maximizes exhaust "pulse effect" for excellent power delivery
* centralizes mass by moving weight closer to the centre of the chassis
* Launch control system (LCS).
* provides smoother, quicker starts with less wheel spin & front wheel lift
* allows rider to concentrate on clutch control, body position & machine
* system functions in 1st & 2nd gears only and is disabled as soon as the
bike is shifted into 3rd gear
* ECU controls the system and adjusts rpm to limit wheel spin & wheelies
* activation button is on the LHS handlebar & features a LED indicator light.
* Special "G" sensor system
* shuts down fuel injection system if bike lies on its side for more than 10
* helps prevent costly engine damage
* no special procedure to re-start the bike... just kick it and go.
* Works-style race-spec "barrel adjuster" for on-the-fly clutch lever free
* Compact, lightweight "Bilateral Beam" aluminum frame.
* centralizes mass for exceptional handling & manoeuvrability
* frame offers an optimum rigidity balance between strength, rigidity & tuned
flex, plus excellent shock absorbing qualities
* frame design offers excellent "rider - machine communication" (a.k.a.
* key goal of the chassis is fast & easy cornering ... one of the main keys
to winning races
* Lightweight, tapered aluminum swingarm.
* lightweight design reduces unsprung weight for optimum suspension
* excellent rear wheel traction & control
* 25mm rear axle
* Lightweight detachable rear sub frame.
* constructed of square-section, lightweight aluminum pipe with no bends
* allows easy access when servicing rear suspension components
* detachable design reduces costs in the event of a loop out
* Adjustable handlebar holders offer a total of 4 different handlebar
positions with an adjustment range of 30mm.
* suits wide variety of rider sizes
* handlebar holders are rubber mounted for reduced vibration & improved rider
* 48mm, adjustable, inverted, Kayaba "SSS" cartridge fork with 310mm (12.2")
of wheel travel.
* front fork adjustments include: 20-way compression damping & 20-way rebound
* inner tubes feature a special friction reducing coating
* 22 mm front axle
* optional fork springs are available through Genuine Yamaha parts
* Fork features a twin-chamber, "Speed Sensitive System" design
* damper unit is in a separate structure (completely separated air & oil
* helps prevent aerated fork oil from entering the inner damper assembly &
degrading its damping abilities
* since the inner damper is pressurized, it also eliminates bubbles forming
in the oil.
* Fork also features a Transfer Control Valve (TCV).
* TCV enhances damping from mid to full stroke & improves bottoming
* TCV offers more precise control throughout the full suspension stroke
* TCV is located on the upside of the spring & its function is controlled by
piston speed, not piston position, hence the term "Speed Sensitive System fork".
* Monocross link rear suspension with 315 mm (12.4") of wheel travel.
* features a fully adjustable Kayaba piggyback shock
* separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping
* shock is in-line with the center axis of the frame for excellent control
* shock adjustments include: threaded spring preload, 20 -way low-speed
compression damping, 2 turns of high speed compression damping & 30-way rebound
* 270mm floating front "wave-style" disc & compact Nissin twin piston caliper.
* wave disc design reduces weight & improves cooling (wave design offer more
surface area for better cooling)
* excellent braking performance
* 245 mm rear disc brake features a "wave-style" disc & single piston Nissin
caliper & master cylinder.
* revised rear motor for improved heat resistance
* Lightweight, plastic resin 7.5 litre fuel tank
* reduces centre of gravity & centralizes mass for exceptional handling & a
* tank can be flipped on its back without disconnecting fuel line (easy
servicing under the tank)
* compact in-tank electric fuel pump
* Compact body work.
* reduces weight & enhances the lightweight feel and look of the YZ450F
* flat design, "minimal" bodywork allows for fast, easy rider movements & a
natural riding position
* minimal design aids in keeping the body looking good (less plastic to
scratch or damage)
* graphics are impregnated directly into the plastic rad shrouds & will not
peel off or get damaged by pressure washing
* Flat seat design.
* provides easy rider movements
* features a "cap cover" to access the fuel cap
* non-slip seat cover material resists clogging with dirt or mud
* Rugged Excel rims.
* excellent durability
* reduces unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance & handling
* front rim size is 1.60 x 21", rear is 2.15 x 19"
* hub features second bearing on sprocket side for increased rigidity &