NEW 2017 Yamaha YZ450F Dirtbike **SAVE $2600**
SAVE $2600 On A New 2017 Yamaha YZ450F Dirtbike
2017 Yamaha YZ450F
SALE: $7199.00 (Plus Freight/PDI, Tax, License)
Finance for only $71 bi-weekly/72 months tax Inc.
Contact Ken or Michael for more details
596-5957 or 596-5971
- Revolutionary reversed engine design with front mounted FI system & rear exiting exhaust
- Mass centralizing rearward-slanted-cylinder helps keeps weight centred in the chassis
- Launch Control System
- "Battery-less" 44mm throttle body FI & easy access airbox
- Compact aluminum Bilateral Beam frame & aluminum swingarm
- Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® "SSS" fork & Monocross rear suspension
- Large 270 mm front disc brake & twin piston caliper
- GYTR® Power Tuner Ready
- Design goals for the YZ450F are a balance of easy cornering, a lightweight & compact feeling due to excellent mass centralization and a deep power band tuned for excellent "ride-ability & controllability".
- "Reversed" liquid-cooled, 450cc, DOHC, 4-valve (titanium), 4-stroke, single with fuel injection.
- Rearward slanted, reversed cylinder design.
- rearward slant moves a significant amount of rotating weight toward the centre of the chassis
- rearward slanted design centralizes mass for excellent handling & a light feel
- "Reversed" engine design (FI system is front mounted, exhaust exits from rear of cylinder).
- FI throttle body & air box are front mounted, providing a straight intake path
- straight intake path into the cylinder, provides optimum fuel/ air flow for excellent power
- front mounted intake keeps fuel cooler since engine heat has less effect on incoming fuel (cooler fuel is more dense & increases power)
- design centralizes mass for light, agile handling
- Compact 4-valve cylinder head features a 12.5:1 compression ratio.
- 37 mm titanium intake valves & 30.5 mm titanium exhaust valves
- 4-valve design offers optimum flow for excellent power & torque
- compact combustion chamber design
- Lightweight, hollow intake & exhaust cams
- excellent power & controllability in the low to mid rpm range
- strong high rpm power
- Lightweight titanium valves use load-reduced oval valve springs.
- titanium reduces reciprocating weight & allows for a higher rpm limit (40% lighter than steel valves)
- reduced friction (load reduced) valve springs
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces maintenance & mechanical engine noise
- special cam chain "sliders" reduce internal frictional losses.
- Lightweight, ceramic composite plated aluminum cylinder.
- reduced weight... no sleeve or heavy liner... plating is sprayed directly on the aluminum block
- ceramic coating insures faster, more uniform heat dissipation
- coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Cylinder is "offset" relative to the crankshaft (to exhaust side)
- reduces frictional losses between piston & cylinder wall during the power stroke
- Cylinder "cutaways" allow air "trapped" under the piston to enter a side chamber (or cutaway).
- reduces horsepower-robbing "pumping losses"
- Crankcase also utilizes special "cutaways"
- reduces horsepower-robbing "pumping losses"
- crankcase cutaways match cylinder cutaways for maximum efficiency
- Lightweight, short-skirt, forged aluminum piston.
- lightweight design means faster throttle response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent durability
- special coating on piston skirt reduces friction
- Piston oil cooler jet nozzle directs oil to the cylinder, rod & underside of piston.
- reduces piston, cylinder & rod temperatures for excellent durability
- Carburized (type of heat treatment) connecting rod for excellent durability.
- Lightweight gear driven balancer shaft.
- reduces vibration for improved rider comfort & reduces rider fatigue
- 5-speed transmission utilizes a 2-bar, floating shift guide system & a 14 mm shift shaft.
- smooth, positive shifts
- good durability in the event of a crash (14 mm shift shaft)
- see spec page for gear ratios
- Heavy duty, multi-plate, clutch with quick access magnesium outer cover.
- quick access outer cover provides fast & easy clutch access
- light lever pull for reduced hand fatigue
- 44mm Keihin throttle body fuel injection system.
- 12-hole injector
- maximizes fuel atomization for more complete combustion & excellent power delivery
- FI benefits include automatic adjustments to insure the optimum fuel - air ratio regardless of outside air temperature & altitude
- other benefits include excellent starting & excellent throttle response
- cold start knob also doubles as an idle adjuster
- The injector spray pattern, spray direction and the distance to the intake valves have been optimized. Forward mounted straight intake tract helps to maximize the benefits of the FI system & overall power output.
- Optional, compact, hand held "GYTR Power Tuner" allows tailoring of both fuel injection duration & ignition mapping.
- 9- different setting points can be accessed for both fuel duration & ignition maps
- maps can be stored & shared with other Power Tuners if desired
- easy access GYTR Power Tuner connector port
- Revised forward mounted air box with washable, dual stage foam air filter.
- No tools required to access air filter
- new air box cover & new quick release fastners
- washable design reduces maintenance costs
- Launch control system (LCS).
- provides smoother, quicker starts with less wheel spin & front wheel lift
- allows rider to concentrate on clutch control, body position & machine
- system functions in 1st & 2nd gears only and is disabled as soon as the bike is shifted into 3rd gear
- ECU controls the system and adjusts rpm to limit wheel spin & wheelies
- activation button is on the LHS handlebar & features a LED indicator light.
- Special "G" sensor system
- shuts down fuel injection system if bike lies on its side for more than 10 seconds
- helps prevent costly engine damage
- no special procedure to re-start the bike... just kick it and go.
- Works-style race-spec "barrel adjuster" for on-the-fly clutch lever free play adjustments.
- Compact, lightweight "Bilateral Beam" aluminum frame.
- centralizes mass for exceptional handling & manoeuvrability
- frame offers an optimum rigidity balance between strength, rigidity & tuned flex, plus excellent shock absorbing qualities
- frame design offers excellent "rider - machine communication" (a.k.a. feedback)
- key goal of the chassis is fast & easy cornering ... one of the main keys to winning races
- Lightweight, tapered aluminum swingarm.
- lightweight design reduces unsprung weight for optimum suspension performance
- excellent rear wheel traction & control
- 25mm rear axle
- Lightweight detachable rear sub frame.
- constructed of square-section, lightweight aluminum pipe with no bends
- allows easy access when servicing rear suspension components
- detachable design reduces costs in the event of a loop out
- Adjustable handlebar holders offer a total of 4 different handlebar positions with an adjustment range of 30mm.
- suits wide variety of rider sizes
- handlebar holders are rubber mounted for reduced vibration & improved rider comfort
- Fork also features a Transfer Control Valve (TCV).
- TCV enhances damping from mid to full stroke & improves bottoming characteristics
- TCV offers more precise control throughout the full suspension stroke
- TCV is located on the upside of the spring & its function is controlled by piston speed, not piston position, hence the term "Speed Sensitive System fork".
- Monocross link rear suspension with 315 mm (12.4") of wheel travel.
- features a fully adjustable Kayaba piggyback shock
- separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping
- shock is in-line with the center axis of the frame for excellent control
- shock adjustments include: threaded spring preload, 20 -way low-speed compression damping, 2 turns of high speed compression damping & 30-way rebound damping
- 270mm floating front "wave-style" disc & compact Nissin twin piston caliper.
- wave disc design reduces weight & improves cooling (wave design offer more surface area for better cooling)
- excellent braking performance
- "Shorty style" adjustable front brake lever can be adjusted to fit various hand sizes.
- 245 mm rear disc brake features a "wave-style" disc & single piston Nissin caliper & master cylinder.
- revised rear motor for improved heat resistance
- Rear caliper & lower portion of the wave disc are protected by heavy duty plastic protectors.
- Lightweight, plastic resin 7.5 litre fuel tank
- reduces centre of gravity & centralizes mass for exceptional handling & a lightweight feeling
- tank can be flipped on its back without disconnecting fuel line (easy servicing under the tank)
- compact in-tank electric fuel pump
- Compact body work.
- reduces weight & enhances the lightweight feel and look of the YZ450F
- flat design, "minimal" bodywork allows for fast, easy rider movements & a natural riding position
- minimal design aids in keeping the body looking good (less plastic to scratch or damage)
- graphics are impregnated directly into the plastic rad shrouds & will not peel off or get damaged by pressure washing
- Flat seat design.
- provides easy rider movements
- features a "cap cover" to access the fuel cap
- non-slip seat cover material resists clogging with dirt or mud
- Rugged Excel rims.
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance & handling
- front rim size is 1.60 x 21", rear is 2.15 x 19"
- hub features second bearing on sprocket side for increased rigidity & durability